Article delegate-en/2193 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: NNTP Proxy Authentication
01 Apr 2003 23:25:56 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 03/30/03(21:35) you "Phillip Baker" <prqeabdyi-qjyh54p7joxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2188@delegate-en.ML_>
 |However, I do need to try to lock down the access to the proxy, or before I
 |know it, everyone will be using my proxy.
 |
 |I am aware of the PERMIT function, but my hostmask and ISP changes fairly
 |often so this isn't a great solution for me. Is it possible to make the NNTP
 |proxy require a username and password, but not pass these onto the actual
 |server itself? (IE: The news server I am connecting to does not require a
 |username and password, and if I specify one to it it will more than likely
 |fail)

An authentication server to restrict users of DeleGate (acting as a
proxy or origin server) can be added by a AUTHORIZER parameter
like follows for example.

  AUTHORIZER=localhost

With this, the DeleGate as a NNTP server requires AUTHINFO from client.
The authentication server should be a FTP server on your localhost.
See <URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm#AUTHORIZER>
for more details.