Article delegate-en/2188 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] NNTP Proxy Authentication
30 Mar 2003 12:35:24 GMT "Phillip Baker" <prqeabdyi-7pkjwohcerfr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi,

Your NNTP component of delegate works great - excellent stuff, and just what
I needed.

However, I do need to try to lock down the access to the proxy, or before I
know it, everyone will be using my proxy.

I am aware of the PERMIT function, but my hostmask and ISP changes fairly
often so this isn't a great solution for me. Is it possible to make the NNTP
proxy require a username and password, but not pass these onto the actual
server itself? (IE: The news server I am connecting to does not require a
username and password, and if I specify one to it it will more than likely
fail)

TIA

Regards,
Phil