Article delegate-en/2185 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: NNTP Question
28 Mar 2003 02:06:21 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 03/21/03(08:03) you "Michael J. Mulcahy" <pqieabdyi-xvzysomvs6fr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2180@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Ok let me try again here....
 |
 |My news feed provider only lets me connect from a certain set of IP
 |addresses.  My Delegate server runs on one of these IP address
 |(x.x.x.15).  My end users receive IP addresses from outside networks
 |that are not allowed to access the newsfeed server directly as it only
 |allows connections from my small set of IP addresses.  In addition to
 |this I specify delegate to accept connections on port 9119 from NNTP
 |clients such as Outlook Express.  So I set Outlook Express (on a outside
 |of network IP address) to connect to the Delegate server with an IP
 |address of x.x.x.15 on port 9119.  Delegate then passes the connection
 |on to port 119 of my newsfeed providers server.  This is all working.

Then what will happen next?
What did you see in your LOGFILE or in error message or so?

 |The problem is that I need delegate to show the newsfeed server that the
 |connection is coming directly from the delegate server IP address
 |(x.x.x.15) and not from the real physical IP address of the computer
 |running Outlook Express which is outside of the allowed IP block space.

DeleGate, as it is an application level proxy, inherently CANNOT pass
the client's IP address to the server.  From the view point of the server,
the IP address of the peer is that of DeleGate.