Article delegate-en/2167 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] round robin proxy
14 Mar 2003 05:47:03 GMT Kent Brake <po4eabdyi-c2jtqbgqqbvr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi,

I am hoping to do round robin load balancing and ssl/tls->standard
protocol translation with deletegate for the following protocols:

http
imap4
smtp
pop3
ldap (I didn't see tls support as listed).

My testing has begun with setting up two nodes for http services only
with the following command

 ./delegated -v  -P443
SERVER=https FCL="/usr/src/proxy/delegate8.5.1/filters/sslway"
RELIABLE="*"
RES_RR="*"
MOUNT="/* http://node2.thejobdomain.com/*"
MOUNT="/* http://node1.thejobdomain.com/*"
REACHABLE="*" REMITTABLE=http
-cert /usr/src/proxy/delegate8.5.1/src/server-cert.pem

I have 2 issues so far that I am unable to find answers to in the
documentation.

Does delegate support round robin load balancing? If so, can some one
give an example of a command?

Does delegate have the ability to "sense" a non-responding server an
redirect traffic to the next machine supplying that service ? (like
http://balance.sourceforge.net/)

Thanks in advance for any help,

--
Kent Brake <po4eabdyi-c2jtqbgqqbvr.ml@ml.delegate.org>