Article delegate-en/216 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delegate5_8_5-os2.zip
11 Jan 1999 17:23:57 GMT Hiroshi Ueno 上野博 <pxakabth4-t7hpjipgrwxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

> I downloaded the file delegate5_8_5-os2.zip from you web page again. I
> found it to be identical to the one I was using.  I will check for the new
> version later.

It is not identical. The file size is same but its contents is
different. I you get the identical file, you might get it from the
web cache located somewhere in the network.  However, I think the
new binary won't help you as far as I see your new problem.

> >Or you may want to try RESOLV=dns instead of RESOLV=cache,dns with the
> >delegated.exe you are now using as the problem seems to be in the name
> >resolution caching.

> I just tried this.  delegate still crashes, but there is now no core file.
> The entry in POPUPLOG.OS2 is identical to the one I sent you a copy of
> previously, so I would assume the same problem caused this. The output to
> the screen as opposed to the SIGSEGV and core dumped lines now shows the
> line:

> DeleGate: cannot create ${ACTDIR}/pid/${PORT}

Apparently, delegated constantly failed to create a file
by some reason that I do not know. Please try new
delegated.exe with DNS=cache,dns and see what is logged in the log
file. You will be able to find a line like this;

Please teach me what number is shown in 'xxx'.

> as the final line before the OS/2 command prompt returns.  I should note
> that it takes over a minute before the above error appears.

The log file shows that delegated was waiting for resolving your
host name (dhc-pc) until 60-second timeout.  It seems that you
could not reach the name server.

> There is also another problem you will need to address, when delegate
> crashes it is leaving the system in a state where the port that was being
> used cannot be used again.  This appears to be a common problem when
> things go wrong, as there is a reference to it in documentation for
> GoServe, the OS/2 web server I am using.  He includes a parameter "reuse"
> on his command line to allow you to indicate that the port is to be used
> "even if some other application (or TCP/IP) has not released it."  Of
> course I could shutdown and restart OS/2 to correct this problem, but that
> is hardly appropriate.

> The only unusual thing about the system I am attempting to run your
> program on is that it has HPFS386 installed as it is a server system. Is
> it possible you are encountering a problem with HPFS386 features that are
> not a part of HPFS?

It can be but I'm not sure as I do not have an HPFS386 installed
system. Is there any OS/2 system with HPFS available around you?