Article delegate-en/2156 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: problems with smtp-auth
06 Mar 2003 13:23:02 GMT Martin Vetter <pnieabdyi-y27ap3jtsbfr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

hi again,

>> it seems to me that delegated sends (base64 encoded)
>> '\0login\0password\0' instead of '\0login\0password'
>
> I'll modify src/smtp.c as the enclosed patch.

works great! thank you very much for the quick help ;*)

i just spent several days (!) trying without success to
figure out how to replace a (heavily modified) legacy
sendmail 8.9.3 with an updated sendmail release and
integrate this with an (equally legacy) web-based
admin interface, just to add support for smtp-auth ...

now i can just drop in delegated,
add an adequate start/stop script and
a few sendmail config options,
and i'm done :*)

regards,

martin vetter

ps: you just saved my day.
     if delegated would be postcardware or donationware,
     i would gladly contribute ...