Article delegate-en/2091 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] IMAP filter EXPUNGE
27 Jan 2003 22:45:25 GMT "Paul Rinear" <pfmeabdyi-mnvdjl5p4rfr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Congratulations on a fine and widely useful product!

I am trying to use Delegate to remove the EXPUNGE command from clients sending to server. The idea here is company policy wants to leave all mail on server and not allow user to permanently delete.

I use:

delegated -P143 SERVER=IMAP://mail:1443 ADMIN=postmaster@freedomweb.. PERMIT="*:*:*" FTOSV="noexp.cfi"

to start the server. I have tried both FFROMCL and FTOSV using various Rule-name with sed to remove EXPUNGE command, but nothing seems to work. My gut feeling is that the method I am using cannot touch the actual command stream.

Is what I want to do possible?

--Paul Rinear
Configuration Management Inc.