Article delegate-en/209 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delegate5_8_5-os2.zip
08 Jan 1999 16:17:06 GMT pz4aabdyi-hugik5ri4bxr.ml@ml.delegate.org

In <_A208@delegate-en.ML_>, on 01/09/99 at 12:38 AM,
   ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato) said:

>On 01/08/99(23:53) you pz4aabdyi-hugik5ri4bxr.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote
>in <_A207@delegate-en.ML_>
> |I have downloaded your OS/2 binary with hopes of using it to set up a

>That'not MINE, since I've never distributed binary for OS/2, nor even
>used OS/2.

I downloaded the binary from a link on your Delegate home page,
http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~zodiac/delegate/, so I assumed it was an
officially sanctioned distribution.  As I don't have a compiler here a
binary is my only option.  There was no other e-mail noted in the package
but yours, which referred me to the mailing list.

> |readable, is it in Japanese as opposed to english?  The manual is in
> |english, but I am missing elementary understanding of the process.

>What I am distributing are at "ftp://ftp.etl.go.jp/pub/DeleGate/" with
>name "delegateV.R.P.tar.gz" and several documentations at
>"http://wall.etl.go.jp/delegate/".  Especially I recommend you to read
>"http://wall.etl.go.jp/delegate/tutorial/" for the first glance and
>"ftp://ftp.etl.go.jp/pub/DeleGate/Manual.txt" for more details, which are
>also distributed in MY distribution package.

I have read and printed a copy of your tutorial and the Manual.txt is part
of the binary download I obtained.  What I believe I am missing is details
specific to the OS/2 implementation, which I suspect are in the README.OS2
included with the above noted binary.  As this file is not in english I
have no documentation on how Delegate has been designed to run in an OS/2
environment.  My attempts to run it minus such documentation using only
the tutorial and manual have not been successful, typically resulting in a
SIGSEGV and a core dump.

I hope this gives you a better understanding of my problem.  If you can
tell me who is responsible for the binary available from your link I would
be happy to contact that person for a translation of the document in
question.

-- Dave
pz4aabdyi-hugik5ri4bxr.ml@ml.delegate.org