Article delegate-en/2076 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: SMTP with authentication with delegate
17 Jan 2003 22:25:24 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 01/18/03(06:14) you "Johannes von Drachenfels" <pdmeabdyi-lnh3n2hy2gdr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2075@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I am looking for a solution to build up a mail relay server for our iPass
 |roaming users. But i have only the possibility to authenticate them with
 |tacacs+ ... is there any way to do that with delegate ?!

I'm not sure about your requirements but if you simply need SMTP with
authentication (SMTP AUTH), most of SMTP softwares support it nowadays.
If your SMTP client does not support it, you can use DeleGate to do
authentication by proxy of the client (with
MYAUTH=userName:passWord:smtp parameter).
If your SMTP server does not support it, you can use DeleGate to do
the authentication by proxy of the server (with
AUTHORIZER=ftpServer where authentication is done by FTP login to the ftpServer)