Article delegate-en/2067 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: question
06 Jan 2003 14:06:34 GMT "Alan Jacobson" <pcmeabdyi-uqy4d4vpvhjr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

I get it!  Thanks so much!

Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Yutaka Sato [mailto:feedback@delegate.org]
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 11:30 AM
To: feedback@delegate.org
Cc: pceeabdyi-uqy4d4vpvhjr.ml@ml.delegate.org
Subject: Re: [DeleGate-En] question

In message <_A2065@delegate-en.ML_>
on 01/06/03(01:05:46) you "Alan Jacobson" <pceeabdyi-uqy4d4vpvhjr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |stupid question, but how does DeleGate know which network interface is
 |internal and which is external?  For example, when you type:
 |
 |	"firewall% delegated -P8080 SERVER=http"
 |
 |does it listen on port 8080 for both networks?

The full specification of the -P option is -Phost:port and
-Pport equals to -P*:port which means listening at port
on both (any) interfaces using wild card address (INADDR_ANY).

 |If I want it to listen on
 |port 80 on the external network and translate it to port 8080 on the
 |internal network, how do I tell it which is which?

I'm not sure what you mean by "translate", but relaying from
external:80 to internal:8080 can be done like this (supposing
it is a HTTP server):

 delegated -Pexternal:80 SERVER=http://internal:8080

 ( - ) National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
(AIST)