Article delegate-en/2065 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] question
05 Jan 2003 16:04:26 GMT "Alan Jacobson" <pceeabdyi-mnhltaqdynjr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi,

I am trying to set up a DeleGate proxy firewall.  I have been looking over
your documentation, and I am really impressed with all the features.  I
guess I'm a still a little bit confused about some things.  This must be a
stupid question, but how does DeleGate know which network interface is
internal and which is external?  For example, when you type:

	"firewall% delegated -P8080 SERVER=http"

does it listen on port 8080 for both networks?  If I want it to listen on
port 80 on the external network and translate it to port 8080 on the
internal network, how do I tell it which is which?

Thanks so much,
Alan