Article delegate-en/206 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Why delegate is so good on win95
06 Jan 1999 18:42:59 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

you oz malul <pzuaabdyi-qjyh54omzoxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I tried the delegate5.8.5 as proxy on windows  95. His performance was
 |better with comparison to any author proxy that I have ever encounter on
 |this platform.

Is that true?

 | I wonder what is the trick that make delegate so good on win95.

There is no trick for Win95 in DeleGate.  I managed to port it to
the Win32 platform two years ago making some compatible functions
to emulate Unix in rary/windows.c.  Because DeleGate has been developed
on Unix assuming fork() system call is available, which enables somewhat
compiled startup environment can be inherited to child process,
DeleGate suffers from a disadvantage on platforms like Win32 where
fork() is not available and startup environment must be initialized
in each spawned children.  So it sound odd for me to hear its
performance is good...

 |(I tried to look in the source but is very difficult to understand from
 |where to begin. I even did not succeed to compile delegate on VC6.0
 |since I do not which files ought to be compiled).

I've never tried with VC6 but "make-vc5.bat" at the top directory
works at least with VC5 without problem...