In message <_A2042@delegate-en.ML_> on 12/23/02(17:58:37)
you Olivier Mascia <email@example.com> wrote:
|I found 7.9.13 to be rock-solid on my Win2K configuration.
|I then tested the release 8.x version.
|It worked fine for some time until I had users complaining the HTTP
|proxy was always reporting "name seems not exists" (DNS lookup errors).
|Each time this happened, just stopping and restarting the service
|cleared the problem for some time.
|I then tested all other 8.x versions (other than the released one) and
|got the same problems. Never immediately but quite soon.
If you could send me the LOGFILE of your DeleGate, including the
debugging information of DNS resolver enabled with "RES_DEBUG=-1" option,
it will be helpful to locate and fix the problem.
|I am pretty confident that the error is located somewhere in the DNS
|requests handling in 8.x code base, while it is okay in the 7.9.13.
|Might be quite easy to see what changed between both (focused on Win32
|builds as I can't report about Linux/unixes).
As listed in the incompatibility list in README.7-8, name resolvers
to be used by DeleGate is changed from 8.X. This change was mainly
for Win32. You might be able to escape your problem by using "sys"
resolver (resolver which is provided by the system). Try the RESOLV
parameter which was the default in "old)" version.
> 8.0.0 RESOLV has come not to use "sys" if a DNS server is detected by default
> new) RESOLV=cache,file,dns
> old) RESOLV=cache,file,nis,dns,sys
@ @ Yutaka Sato <firstname.lastname@example.org> http://www.delegate.org/y.sato/
( - ) National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
_< >_ 1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568 Japan
Do the more with the less -- B. Fuller