Article delegate-en/204 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: CuSeeme Proxy and Delegate Configuration
06 Jan 1999 16:01:33 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 12/25/98(11:46) you James Buckeyne <pw4aabdyi-qjyh54pcfoxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A183@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Can someone help me configure Delegate as a CU-Seeme Proxy for a Windows
 |95 machine with a single Net card, with 2 addresses (192.x.x.1,
 |192.x.x.2) where CU-Seeme program will use .2 and the proxy on .1 to
 |relay through the dial-up networking layer to the actual internet and
 |thereafter the reflector itself.  If I directly route the packets, the
 |protocol between the cu-seeme program and the reflector contains an IP
 |address and the reflector rejects it.  The content of the message much
 |somehow change.  I'm using Cornell Cu-Seeme 1.0.  ... Anyone figure this
 |out yet?  I backed up to Version 3.1.4 (original 'addition of conference
 |ID relay'), and 4.4.1 ( version contained some fix for cu-seeme protocol
 |) and version 5.0.0 which started to use the SOCKS5 layer to transport
 |the CUSeeme Protocol... none of those worked....

One of problems is that DeleGate try using UDP/SOCKS5 even when
no SOCKS server is specified.  This bug will be fixed with the
enclosed patch.
More serious one is that DeleGate does not support any recent
protocol of CU-SeeMe.  I could try it but I don't know whether
there is any public document about the protocol, in form like
RFC or Internet-Draft.  I feel it difficult to suport protocol
without the specification available freely.

*** ../dist/delegate5.8.5/src/socks4.c	Wed Nov 18 14:45:19 1998
--- socks4.c	Thu Jan  7 00:37:59 1999
*** 279,284 ****
--- 279,285 ----
  	char *host;

  	for( sx = 0; host = sockservs[sx].s_host; sx++ )
+ 	if( *host )
  		SOCKS_addserv("*",0,gethostaddr(host),sockservs[sx].s_port);
  	return sx;
  }