Article delegate-en/2011 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: http URL redirection and SSL
02 Dec 2002 18:52:16 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

Please note that message not in text/plain is not so welcome...

On 12/02/02(16:10) you "Blake, Jordan (ISS Atlanta)" <pxadqbdyi-aipdtq52abfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2007@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Thanks for your help. I actually wasn't attempting to use url
 |redirection at the same time as the tcprelay, but rather as a
 |possible alternative. In any case, what you said below makes sense.
 |
 |To troublehsoot this issue, I started Delegate 8.1.0 Win32 with
 |this command-line (sslway is working fine):
 |
 |< DIV>delegated -v-P500 FCL=sslway ADMIN="test@" PERMIT="*:*:*"

You need SERVER="https" to let DeleGate be aware that it is
referred as "https://delegate..."

 |It seems that when I connect to any redirected URL that doesn't
 |have a "/" after the hostname, it will try to connect to it using
 |http instead of https and subsequently fail.
 |
 |E.g.
 |When I type in https://127.0.0.1:500/-_-http://www.yahoo.com
 |Internet Explorer automatically tries to connect as
 |http://127.0.0.1:500/-_-http://www.yahoo.com/
 |(it replaces the "https" with "http" and adds a "/"
 |at the end). This fails.

This is the very behavior intended and caused by DeleGate sending
302-Moved response.  It is necessary to keep base-url in browser
be consistent.

 |So instead I type in https://127.0.0.1:500/-_-http://www.yahoo.com/
 |(with a trailing "/") directly and it works fine first try.
 |
 |Incidentally, the BASEURL switch does not seem to affect this behavior.

Also I found, on the way of DeleGate/8.2.0 extension, that BASEURL
and DELEGATE are not applied to "/-_-" redirection, so It will be
fixed it in 8.2.0, though it seems not necessary in your case.

 |If I start delegate without the FCL=sslway, everything works fine
 |no matter how the URL is typed (and it will automatically add the "/").

It is because the default value of SEVER is SERVER="http".