Article delegate-en/2005 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: http URL redirection and SSL
30 Nov 2002 12:56:52 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 11/29/02(18:47) you "Blake, Jordan (ISS Atlanta)" <pxadqbdyi-abjexvedmutr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2001@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Using DeleGate 8.1.0, SSLWAY works fine for me in CERN (RELAY=proxy) mode,
 |but I'd like to be able to combine SSL with URL redirection
 |(RELAY=delegate) using this notation https://delegate/-_-URL
 |<https://delegate/-_-URL> .
 |I can administer the proxy using https (https://delegate/-/admin/),
 |but when I try to use the URL redirection it will work initially for a
 |couple URLs, but fail after a few sites and then refuse to work after that,
 |even sometimes after restarting DeleGate.
 |I can't seem to reliably identify the problem.
 |Also, URLs keep defaulting back to http:// instead of https:// when
 |typed into the IExplorer address bar... don't know if that's something
 |DeleGate has control of though.

If you are chaining DeleGate as tcprelay-DeleGate -> HTTPS-DeleGate
like describe in <URL:http://www.delegate.org/mail-lists/delegate-en/1981>,
then you need a parameter

  BASEURL=https://tcprelay-DeleGate

at the HTTPS-DeleGate.  Since RELAY=delegate makes DeleGate visible to
HTTP clients as it it is a origin server, the URL of DeleGate to be
shown by itself to client must be the one which clients identify the
DeleGate.  Clients are seeing the URL (address) of tcprelay-DeleGate as
if it is the real HTTP-DeleGate server in this case.