Article delegate-en/199 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] External Scripts scripts in Perl
05 Jan 1999 15:50:21 GMT pxuaabdyi-dyd2yvatvoxr.ml@ml.delegate.org

Hello,

I've understood, after some time ;-) that I could make my scripts
in any language (Perl for instance), instead of C, as I'm on Unix,
so I don't need any library.a or libsusbt.a (in the docs it's
written they're for compatibility with WinXX).

I made some small scripts today (reading <STDIN> and writing <STDOUT>),
and it works really well. But only for
uni-directional functions (FFROMCL, FTOCL, FTOSV, etc.)
For bi-directional functions (FCL, FSV), I need to access the 0 & 1
sockets, but I don't know how to do this in Perl, if that's possible ;-)

Has anyone already done an external script in Perl ?

Luc Stepniewski