Article delegate-en/1978 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: virus-scanner in pop3/imap proxy
17 Nov 2002 22:12:24 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 11/14/02(13:00) you Edwin Groothuis <pw4dqbdyi-7pkjwogd46fr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1975@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I have been asked to see if I could add pop3/imap proxy with
 |virusscanning capabilities to our network. After three days of
 |blood, sweat and tears I found Delegate and this is actually the
 |first software I found which will keeps checking after the
 |authentication-phase of the POP3 protocol and even does keep track
 |of the RETR command.
 |
 |Do you know if other people have already made an effort to add a
 |virusscanning feature to Delegate? If not, are you interested in
 |it at the end?

The feature of DeleGate named CFI (common filter interface) is intended
to do such filtering by a external filter program attached to DeleGate.
<URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm#CFIscript>
<URL:http://www.delegate.org/mail-lists/delegate-en/287>

  [a parameter to specify filtering on data to client]
  FTOCL=ftocl.cfi

  [the content of ftocl.cfi file]
  #!cfi
  Filter: filter-program

The filter-program can get a message data at its standard-input, and
check the content, remove something if necessary, and put the message
to standard-output.