Article delegate-en/1976 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Delegate and SSL
15 Nov 2002 22:34:35 GMT "Blake, Jordan (ISS Atlanta)" <pxadqbdyi-cpuahtl546vr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Great proxy server you're building here. I was wondering if there is a
way to use Delegate and SSL or another encryption method to encrypt
requested URLs/IP addresses/hostnames.

Here's my situation:

I have strung two Delegate proxies together using SSL to tunnel http
requests through an intermediate firewall.
Here is how I set it up:

Client proxy (web browser):
delegate -v -P8000 FMD=sslway ADMIN="IEUser@"
MASTER="66.xxx.40.100:2000:*"

Server proxy (@66.xxx.40.100, connects to external servers):
delegate -v -P2000 FCL=sslway ADMIN="IEUser@" PERMIT="*:*:*"

So, in this scenario, the client proxy encrypts requests, forwards them
to 66.xxx.40.100:2000, which decrypts them, grabs the requested
information, and sends it back through the encrypted tunnel. The
intermediate firewall should be unable to decipher the data passed
between the delegate proxies.

I know this is working, because it took many hours of trial and error to
get SSL set up properly. If any files (server-key.pem, server-cert.pem
server-key.pas) are missing or incorrect, communications will fail -
however not all of it...

I noticed that URLs and hostnames themselves are NOT obfuscated by
sslway. I know this because when I don't have SSL working properly, I am
still able to see the requested URL sent from the client proxy to the
server proxy - although the request inevitably fails.

Any idea how to hide the requested URLs & hostnames/IPs as well?

Appreciate any help.

--Jordan