Article delegate-en/1929 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: CMAP with FFROMCL and a specified protocol does not work
13 Oct 2002 21:29:30 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

Hallo,

you Joachim =?iso-8859-1?q?F=F6rster?= <pqudqbdyi-5ilfsujvr5fr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |> Maybe a reason is that FFROMCL filter is inserted before any data
 |> is conveyed on the connection by whith the real protocol is judged.
 |> By the way can't use FTOSV like this?
 |>
 |>   CMAP="filter.cfi:FTOSV:http:*:*"
 |
 |It works! :-) Thank you!
 |
 |Another question: Is there a way for a "Header-Filter" to get the IP address
 |of the local client, which sent the request (to the http-proxy)?

Check the following environment variables (which are compatible with
the standard CGI interface):

REMOTE_ADDR ... IP-address of client
REMOTE_HOST ... hostname of client

 |(I heard of "CGI"-Filter and env-vars. I tried it, but then nothing passes
 |through my filter and the log file tells something about "EOF from the
 |server" ...)

"CGI:" filter gets the body of HTTP request (or POST method) at its
standard input, while getting HTTP-headers in HTTP_* environment
variables, like the standard CGI script.