Article delegate-en/1899 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: IIS username with slash / character problem for ftp delegated-patch works-now only RTSP RealPlayer problem left-thanks
19 Sep 2002 18:19:56 GMT David Xu <pm4dqbdyi-5vjbuj5c2ptr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Thank you very much for the patch, it works like a champ!
Now the only thing left I have to figure out is to  make RealAudio's RTSP
protocol work through this proxy. I guess I have to install something else
to fix it.

Thanks,
David Xu

-----Original Message-----
From: feedback@delegate.org [mailto:feedback@delegate.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 3:41 AM
To: feedback@delegate.org
Cc: pm4dqbdyi-5vjbuj5c2ptr.ml@ml.delegate.org
Subject: Re: [DeleGate-En] IIS username with slash / character problem
for ftp delegated

On 09/19/02(04:37) you David Xu <pm4dqbdyi-5vjbuj5c2ptr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1895@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Recently I got a FTP proxy problem for IIS username with slash (/).
 |One of our client has MS IIS with ftp server enabled. Their ftp userID is
 |domain ID,thus has this format: xxxx/xxxx.
 |The xxxx before forward slash (/) is their domain, after is username.
 |My Gauntlet proxy works fine with it, but I want to see if delegated works
 |so I will replace it.
 |
 |On my workstation behind proxy, I typed:
 |ftp proxyserver
 |domainxxxx/userxxxx@serverxxxx

Since DeleGate scans a username following the syntax when it appears
in FTP URL, like ftp://user@host/path, "/" has been recognized as the
beginning of "/path" part.
The enclosed patch will let FTP-DeleGate recognize "/" appeared before "@"
in USER command as the part of username.  It will also cope with such
username appeared in URL like "ftp://domain%2Fuser@host/path" when a
HTTP proxy passed the username part as is.

 ( - ) National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
(AIST)

*** ../delegate8.0.2/src/ftp.c	Mon Sep 16 07:40:35 2002
--- ftp.c	Thu Sep 19 16:16:09 2002
***************
*** 2102,2110 ****
--- 2102,2112 ----
  				islocal = FS->fs_islocal;
  		}
  		if( strcasecmp(com,"USER") == 0 ){
+ 			url_escapeX(arg,arg,sizeof(arg),"/?",":@");
  			xp = scan_userpassX(arg,&ident);
  			wordScan(ident.i_user,cuser);
  			textScan(ident.i_pass,cpass);
+ 			nonxalpha_unescape(cuser,cuser,1);
  			if( *xp == '@' ){
  				xp++;

change_server(Conn,FS,fc,tc,com,xp,cuser,cpass,FS->fs_TYPE);

Financière Banque Nationale et NBCN n'assument
aucune responsabilité quant à la confidentialité et l'intégrité du
présent courriel en raison des risques d'interception inhérents à l'Internet.
Pour cette raison, toute opinion exprimée au terme des présentes
ne reflète pas nécessairement celle de Financière Banque Nationale
et de NBCN.
Due to the security risks involved in sending information over the
Internet, National Bank Financial  and NBCN can
not be held responsible for ensuring the confidentiality and integrity
of the present e-mail. For this reason, the opinions expressed herein
do not necessarily reflect those of National Bank Financial
and NBCN.