Article delegate-en/188 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re:
29 Dec 1998 17:42:44 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato 佐藤豊)

On 12/30/98(00:50) you =?iso-8859-2?Q?J=E1n=20Mr=E1zik?= <pxmaabdyi-5bnwhwhfcmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org>
wrote in <_A187@delegate-en.ML_>
 |    I wish know, how can I use DeleGate for mail services. I have Linux
 |box with DeleGate as a Internet proxy and    I wish sending and
 |receiving POP3 mail with clients with W95 and Netscape. Can you help me
 |configured this ?

The minimum configuration of DeleGate as a POP-proxy is like this:

  % delegated -P8110 SERVER=pop

You need additional PERMIT parameters if you intend to permit
accesses from clients on non-local networks.
Then in your mail client software, specify this proxy as if it's
a POP3 server, and specify your real mail-host (POP3 server)
in User-Name:

  Server-Name: delegate-host:8110
  Server-Type: POP3 Server
  User-Name: user-name%mail-host