Article delegate-en/1774 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] =?iso-8859-1?Q?R=E9f=2E_=3A_Re=3A_[DeleGate-En]_R=E9f=2E_=3A_Re=3A_[?= DeleGate-En]_PID file disapear when restart
23 Jul 2002 17:23:08 GMT pvmdabdyi-p5lznxpzuzxr.ml@ml.delegate.org

Ok, see follow the result of your request:

[adminjrr@frpa01proxy adminjrr]$ grep nobody /etc/passwd
nobody:x:65534:65534:Nobody:/home:/bin/sh
[adminjrr@frpa01proxy adminjrr]$ cd ~nobody
[adminjrr@frpa01proxy home]$

So my nobody's profile doesn't be the same of yours...If I change the
paramètres in the passwd file, my DGROOT become
/var/spool/delegate-nobody...
If I add the option DGROOT=/home/delegate and I change the rights on this
folder to nobody/nogroup (I have rewrite my original nobody/nogroup profile
before changing right), everythings is good...

Thank for your help!
Do you have a consulting to give me about my precedent problem (mail 1764 &
1769) ? It's very important for me...And I want to resolv this problem to
have an perfect delegate proxy ( I try to show how many Linux is good here
this is the first Linux box in my compagnie )!

                                                   Thank you very much of your assistance, patience
                                                   and for your program.. I hope I could help you
                                                   soon if you need (you do a very fast work!)...

Guillaume de Rorthais

                      feedback@delegat
                      e.org (Yutaka            Pour :   feedback@delegate.org
                      Sato)                    cc :     JehanGuillaume.DeRorthais@omya..
                                               Objet :  Re: [DeleGate-En] Réf. : Re: [DeleGate-En] PID
                      23/00/0000 00:01         file disapear when restart
                      Veuillez
                      répondre à
                      feedback

Hi,

In message
<_A1772@delegate-en.ML_>
on 07/24/02(01:31:15) you pvmdabdyi-p5lznxpzuzxr.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote:
 |See the result on my Linux:

Thank you for your testing.  Maybe I recognized what happened.

 |[root@frpa01proxy src]# ./delegated -P9876
 |[root@frpa01proxy src]# <DeleGate/7.9.5 by ysato@delegate.org> [29713]
-P9876 READY
 |DGROOT=/home/delegate

On the invocation, your DGROOT (for "nobody" user) is "/home/delegate".
This happens when all of following conditions are true.

 - the "nobody" has his shell
 - the home directory of "nobody" is "/home"
 - "/home/delegate" or "/home" exists and writable by "nobody" (maybe by
anyone)

These are not true on usual environment.  And I used these conditions
to detect non-human user like "nobody", "daemon", and so on.

% grep nobody /etc/passwd
SunOS       nobody:*:65534:65534::/:
Solaris     nobody:x:60001:60001:Nobody:/:
FreeBSD     nobody:*:65534:65534:Unprivileged
user:/nonexistent:/nonexistent
Linux-RH7.1 nobody:x:99:99:Nobody:/:

Could you show me the passwd entry of "nobody" and/or the result of
the command "echo ~nobody" ?

 |[root@frpa01proxy src]# ./delegated -P9876 -Fkill-hup
 |"/home/delegate/act/pid/9876": kill(29713,SIGHUP) = 0 (0) ** OK **
 |[root@frpa01proxy src]# <DeleGate/7.9.5 by ysato@delegate.org> [29713]
-P9876 READY
 |DGROOT=/tmp/delegate-nobody

On the restarting, "$HOME/delegate" is tried instead of "~nobody/delegate"
and it fails, then /tmp/delegate-nobody is used as the last candidate.

 |The file has been erase but the port still open...My Linux box is an
 |Mandrake 8.2 (I was no time when I installed my proxy...And still now :).
 |It's strange, maybe I'm the onlyone to have this problem (like for
 |jacada...). I'm not luky ! But for this problem, I don't know where I can
 |search the solution...

 ( - ) National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
(AIST)