Article delegate-en/1764 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: A real problem (it's not for filter!)?
18 Jul 2002 08:14:05 GMT pvmdabdyi-qjyh54jp6nxr.ml@ml.delegate.org

Ok, thank for the MOUNT solution, I will setting up it tomorrow..

|In message <_A1761@delegate-en.ML_> on 07/18/02(03:38:39)
|you p4edabdyi-qjyh54jp6nxr.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote:
| |Now I have another pb:
| |I use delegate as a typical proxy server to access internet...Someone in
my
| |Network need to work with this webpage :
| |
| |www.transinformatique.fr/jacada/tif.html
| |
| |and this is the error message we receive when we try to connect him:
| |
| |-----
| |The connection to the Jacada server has failed.
| |This may be due to one of the following reasons:
| |1.        The TCP/IP connection between the client and the server is not
set up
| |properly. You can verify that the client can reach the server by running
"ping
| |SERVER-NAME" on the client. If you don't know how to use "ping", you can
ask
| |your system administrator for help.
| |2.        Either the client or the server computer are protected by a
firewall
| |which does not permit Jacada to establish a TCP/IP connection. If this
is the
| |case, the firewall should be configured to allow communication through
the two
| |port numbers used by Jacada (1100 & 1101 by default).
| |If you have access to the server computer as well, you can have a look
at some
| |server-related problems.
| |------
|
|Are not these your case?  You can ping www.transinformatique.fr from
|your host of your browser ?

No, I can't ping it, from a client or the proxy. But the ping is resoled (I
ping www.transinformatique.fr and the IP is resolved) and go in the net (I
see it).
I think that transinformatique have a firewall which don't answer the ping.
The error message is from JACADA server which don't know it's behind a
firewall I think...
IMPORTANT: from my delegate server, the connection to this server work! But
not from a PC behind my proxy...
You need to know that I have a firewall in my network which just allow my
proxy to talk him. But we tested to allow everyone to access to
www.transinformatique.fr directly via the fw, and it's work...
So...

thank you and sorry for my poor english!

J.- Guillaume de Rorthais