Article delegate-en/1763 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: How to make???
17 Jul 2002 19:46:47 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 07/17/02(05:24) you jetteb <psudabdyi-o7da2ltxy5xr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1760@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I use Delegate as a reverse proxy server (Web client -> HTTP proxy ->
 |Web server) and
 |there's some ASP scripts that needed the IP of the client. Since the
 |proxy was used,
 |the Web server as its IP adress of the PROXY in REMOTE_ADDR variable.

If "REMOTE_ADDR" is like the one in CGI, it is got from the
peer address of the TCP/IP connection with the client, which
is the host of proxy server in your case, and is not set by
client side by principle.

 |Is it possible to set a new variable in the PROXY to send to the Web
 |server (the ASP will be able to use it) ? Is it possible to do this by
 |scripting/filter or by using some config parameters?

You can send the IP address of the client of your DeleGate
to a server in HTTP request header.  For example, to send it
like "X-Forward-For: 192.168.1.1" do as follows:

  HTTPCONF="add-qhead:X-Forward-For:%a"