Article delegate-en/1748 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: refresh file on a cache
09 Jul 2002 11:26:15 GMT "michel.Guilhem" <pradabdyi-p5lznxjhmzxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

But when i put EXPIRE to 0 , i go always on the server and the cache are not
used ( the files are transfered on the cache but not used for the following
request )
when i try , for example EXPIRE="120secs" the cache is active 120secs and
after i go to the server even if a file is on the cache .

EXPIRE=0 seems to have the behavior of EXPIRE="0secs" .

My purpose is to have a cache like the server ' in real time ' and when a
change on one file is doing on the server , the cache is able to detect this
and only for this file reload them .

The time used by the PC where are my cache and the time used by the PC where
are my origin server are not the same ( but it is normal i think , except
with the user of NTP  ) .

GUILHEM michel DGCP
I'm sorry but what is wrong in my use of delegate
like ftp-cache ?
Thank you or any clue .

|How to be sure that a file on the delegate cache is fresh like the same
|file on a server ?

EXPIRE=0

will do.  With this, on each request from client, DeleGate always
(0 seconds after the data is cached) asks the server if the cached
data is fresh or no (using If-Modified-Since header).

|The icp protocol verify this beetwen caches , my purpose is to verify
|this beetwen a cache and a server ( ftp or http ) .
|If the icp permit this , what is the manner and the syntax for this .
|Thank you for any clue ( i try this with a cache squid under my delegate
|cache but squid don't permit this for an ftp server ) .
|is it possible ?

@ @ Yutaka Sato &lt;y.sato@delegate.org&gt; http://www.delegate.org/y.sato/
( - ) National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
(AIST)
_&lt;   &gt;_ 1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568 Japan

This mail was sent by UebiMiau 2.5

--rejected/020000-00000X--
HELO www.annuwave.net
MAIL FROM:<pradabdyi-p5lznxjhmzxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>