Article delegate-en/1735 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] broken post-response with http/1.0 keep-alive
02 Jul 2002 20:04:46 GMT "Marc Pohl" <pwudabdyi-hugik5tqg5xr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi Yutaka,

you wrote
>On 07/03/02(02:47) you "Marc Pohl" <pwudabdyi-hugik5tqg5xr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
>in <_A1733@delegate-en.ML_>
> |>Here I can write another scenario which can explain the situation:
> |>MSIE has some internal flag which indicates that "current response
> |>message has no body part". The flag become ON after 304 response,
> |
> |I don't think that msie is the problem. As i mentioned in my first mail,
> |the body is not even send to the client.

>I thought it is because the TCP connection is aborted reset from
>the client (IE) side immediately after a header is received, and
>before DeleGate flushes the body onto the connection.
>Then I thought flushing body right after the header (as the first
>patch), or don't flushing after the header (as the next patch)
>will pack header and body into a single packet to solve the problem.

But i see no tcp-RST-packet from client if i use "Follow TCP Stream" in
ethereal. The only RST packet goes from the server to the client. The
time-difference between the HTTP-header packet and the RST packet is only
180 E-6 s. My typical round-trip-delay to the server is 10 E-3 s, so there
could not happen any interaction with the client in this short time.

I'm also wondering about the fact, that the additional \r\n does not reach
the upstream server. These 2 characters get lost. But stop! I think i see
the problem!!

The POST request is generated by MSIE with an Body-ContentLength of 9943
bytes. If i count the number of bytes in the packets i will get 9943 + 2
bytes.
I think that this extra 2 bytes confuse the internal state of delegate. I
don't know why MSIE sends this 2 bytes, but i think it has something to do
with the former requests and is definitly not a regular "MSIE feature"
because i have seen this never after patching delegate. This error also not
MSIE release-dependant.

Cheers,
Marc

Marc Pohl