Article delegate-en/1733 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] broken post-response with http/1.0 keep-alive
02 Jul 2002 17:47:55 GMT "Marc Pohl" <pwudabdyi-uwzfqitd6zxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi Yutaka,

>Here I can write another scenario which can explain the situation:
>MSIE has some internal flag which indicates that "current response
>message has no body part". The flag become ON after 304 response,

I don't think that msie is the problem. As i mentioned in my first mail,
the body is not even send to the client. To illustrate this i have analyzed
the network traffic of the different versions i have tried this weekend:

* old version 7.9.2 (this was my version until friday) [reused connection
HCKA !]

POST http://cms01.x.de/iw-bin....

request from client to delegate:
1 packet headers (post) and 8 packets body (last packet is only \r\n)

response from delegate to client:
tcp packet 1, 279 raw bytes, tcp-flags (psh, ack), http-header
tcp packet 2, 54 raw bytes, tcp-flags (rst, ack), no content

If i activate FTOCL in this version 7.9.2: [POST is first request in new
connection!]

request from client to delegate:
1 packet headers (post) and 7 packets body

the response is
tcp packet 1, 1144 raw bytes, tcp-flags (psh, ack), http-header and body
tcp packet 2, 54 raw bytes, tcp-flags (fin, ack), no content

* version 7.9.9. with additional fflush()  [reused connection HCKA !]

POST http://cms01.x.de/iw-bin....

request from client to delegate:
1 packet headers (post) and 7 packets body

response from delegate to client:
tcp packet 1, 139 raw bytes, tcp-flags (psh, ack), first 3 http-header
(Status, Delegate-Ver and Date)
tcp packet 2, 1059 raw bytes, tcp-flags (fin, ack, psh), rest of headers
and body

* version 7.9.9. with new patch: [reused connection HCKA !]

POST http://cms01.x.de/iw-bin....

request from client to delegate:
1 packet headers (post) and 7 packets body

response from delegate to client:
tcp packet 1, 1144 raw bytes, tcp-flags (psh, ack), http-header and body
tcp packet 2, 54 raw bytes, tcp-flags (fin, ack), no content

I have no great experience with socket-programming, so i don't know what
condition could cause a TCP-RST-Flag from the server. Another interesting
thing is, that the POST request has one more packet (a trailing \r\n in a
separate packet) if the error happens. I have repeated this some times, but
the additional packet was always there.

Cheers,
Marc

Marc Pohl