Article delegate-en/1732 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Setting SERVCONF to no automatically
02 Jul 2002 15:00:33 GMT "Lynn Lantz" <puidabdyi-dyd2yvg4qdxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Excellent.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Thanks,
Lynn
lynn.lantz@sungard..

		-----Original Message-----
		From: feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)@SUNGARD
		Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 10:24 AM
		To: feedback@delegate.org
		Cc: Lynn Lantz
		Subject: Re: [DeleGate-En] Setting SERVCONF to no
automatically

		Hi,

		On 07/02/02(22:39) you "Lynn Lantz"
<puidabdyi-dyd2yvg4qdxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
		in
<_A1729@delegate-en.ML_>
		|I wrote earlier how to get rid of the "set automatic
start on system
		|startup" question when starting the service
automatically from a
		|program.
		|You said to use the SERVCONF parameter set to Auto.
That works to get
		|rid of the question but the default answer is Yes and I
want the answer
		|to be No.
		|I tried SERVCONF=no, SERVCONF=n, SERVCONF=off, and none
of that works.
		|Is there a parameter or answer to force this to no?

		SERVCONF=demand

		will do.  Windows names those "start types" as "auto"
and "demand".

		|Secondly, if the service is already running another
question comes up
		|that asks to delete the current service.  Is there a
parameter I can set
		|to force it to delete the previous one?   Does
SERVCONF=auto do that?

		There is no parameter to do so, that is to delete
existing one
		before start when it exists, without interaction on the
console.
		(I thought "-r" option introduced in 7.9.9 will do, but
it does
		not work so on Windows by my oversight)
		But you can delete existing service with

		delegated -Fkill -Pxxxx

		before you start new DeleGate.

		|Just a suggestion - it would be nice to have a way to
autostart the
		|service without any user interaction questions being
allowed.  Otherwise
		|the startup just hangs there forever since there is no
console
		|interaction with it to answer the question.

		Yes, I thought so too.  My first idea was introducing
"-y" or "-n"
		like fsck on Unix have, but it is not good when
combination of "yes"
		and "no" is necessary.  Anyway, I become aware that
there is user who
		needs it practically, not just for the view point of
completeness
		of specification.  At least it will be fixed not to do
hang without
		console, and "-r" will be applied on Win32, in the next
release.

		@ @ Yutaka Sato <y.sato@delegate.org>
http://www.delegate.org/y.sato/
		( - ) National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science
and Technology (AIST)