Article delegate-en/1731 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Setting SERVCONF to no automatically
02 Jul 2002 14:25:08 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

Hi,

On 07/02/02(22:39) you "Lynn Lantz" <puidabdyi-uwzfqiup6zxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1729@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I wrote earlier how to get rid of the "set automatic start on system
 |startup" question when starting the service automatically from a
 |program.
 |You said to use the SERVCONF parameter set to Auto.  That works to get
 |rid of the question but the default answer is Yes and I want the answer
 |to be No.
 |I tried SERVCONF=no, SERVCONF=n, SERVCONF=off, and none of that works.
 |Is there a parameter or answer to force this to no?

 SERVCONF=demand

will do.  Windows names those "start types" as "auto" and "demand".

 |Secondly, if the service is already running another question comes up
 |that asks to delete the current service.  Is there a parameter I can set
 |to force it to delete the previous one?   Does SERVCONF=auto do that?

There is no parameter to do so, that is to delete existing one
before start when it exists, without interaction on the console.
(I thought "-r" option introduced in 7.9.9 will do, but it does
not work so on Windows by my oversight)
But you can delete existing service with

 delegated -Fkill -Pxxxx

before you start new DeleGate.

 |Just a suggestion - it would be nice to have a way to autostart the
 |service without any user interaction questions being allowed.  Otherwise
 |the startup just hangs there forever since there is no console
 |interaction with it to answer the question.

Yes, I thought so too.  My first idea was introducing "-y" or "-n"
like fsck on Unix have, but it is not good when combination of "yes"
and "no" is necessary.  Anyway, I become aware that there is user who
needs it practically, not just for the view point of completeness
of specification.  At least it will be fixed not to do hang without
console, and "-r" will be applied on Win32, in the next release.