Article delegate-en/1728 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] broken post-response with http/1.0 keep-alive
02 Jul 2002 12:15:40 GMT "Marc Pohl" <pwudabdyi-qjyh54in6nxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi Yutaka,

>But the quick fix is not desirable because it will split a response
>data into more packets.
>From your experiment, I think the problem between IE and DeleGate could
>be caused when the header and body is sent split into different IP
>packets.
Ethereal shows, that in our case the header and the body of the
post-request where definitly split in separate packets.

>Investigating the http.c, I found that DeleGate split header and body,
>by flushing outgoing FILE stream, when the body is a short one of text
>type.  This unintended behavior seems to be introduced at DeleGate/3.0.0
>on Jan 1996.  I'll fix it as enclosed patch does, and expect it solves
>your case.

I have tried this patch and it looks very good (yes, the former patch was
removed ;-)). Because of this i have now deployed the new version to the
production server.

Thank you very much,
Marc

Marc Pohl