Article delegate-en/1727 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] broken post-response with http/1.0 keep-alive
01 Jul 2002 21:38:32 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

Hi Marc,

On 07/01/02(21:19) you "Marc Pohl" <pwudabdyi-qjyh54jcrnxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1725@delegate-en.ML_>
 |your posting 1723 didn't reach me by mail, so i'm bit late ;-)

Sorry, I'm sending you this message by mail this time.

 |I have added the fflush(RX_tcp) in putChunk() and my test show no further
 |errors. i will update the production server to see, if  the "real users"
 |have also no problem too.
 |
 |thank you for the quick fix

But the quick fix is not desirable because it will split a response
data into more packets.
From your experiment, I think the problem between IE and DeleGate could
be caused when the header and body is sent split into different IP
packets.
Investigating the http.c, I found that DeleGate split header and body,
by flushing outgoing FILE stream, when the body is a short one of text
type.  This unintended behavior seems to be introduced at DeleGate/3.0.0
on Jan 1996.  I'll fix it as enclosed patch does, and expect it solves
your case.

*** ../delegate7.9.9/src/http.c	Thu Jun 27 06:38:34 2002
--- http.c	Tue Jul  2 06:09:57 2002
***************
*** 2621,2626 ****
--- 2621,2627 ----