Article delegate-en/1720 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: broken post-response with http/1.0 keep-alive
30 Jun 2002 20:33:05 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 07/01/02(01:14) you "Marc Pohl" <pwudabdyi-hugik5wag5xr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1717@delegate-en.ML_>
 |But this happens only with http/1.0 keep-alive. If the IE 5.5-Setting "Use
 |HTTP/1.1 for Proxy-Connections" is activated, all works as desired. If i
 |change the Cache-Behaviour of IE, so that the 304-requests don't happen,
 |there is also no problem ...

The difference between behaviors of DeleGate for HTTP/1.0 Keep-Alive
and HTTP/1.1 is that, only in former case DeleGate does buffering
of response message to make sure the length of response message
to be put into the Content-Length header, to ensure the functionality
of Keep-Alive mechanism in HTTP/1.0, which is not necessary in HTTP/1.1
because of its "chunked" encoding.

In HTTP/1.0 Keep-Alive, a buffered message is flushed toward the client
in HTTP_putMIMEmsg().  A possible scenario to explain your situation
is that flushHead()->fflush() called from the function returns EOF
by some reason after flushed the header, thus aborting relay of body.
In this case, you see "## stop relay-3: flush()=EOF, client seems dead"
in the LOGFILE.  I wish if I could see the LOGFILE.