Article delegate-en/1706 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: ICQ via SOCKS-DeleGate
20 Jun 2002 07:17:39 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

Hi,

On 06/13/02(12:17) you ptidabdyi-t7hpmu4gofxr.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote
in <_A1690@delegate-en.ML_>
 |/usr/local/delegate/src/delegated -P61.20.0.5:1080
 |ADMIN=allen@idv..tw <mailto:ADMIN=allen@idv..tw>
 |SERVER=socks SOCKS="61.20.0.5:1080:!.localnet" LOGDIR=/var/log
 |LOGFILE=delegate.log &

This configuration seems confused because while configuring as a
SOCKS-server with SERVER=socks, it is referring itself as a
SOCKS-client with SOCKS=(myself).  This SOCKS=... parameter must
be removed.

 |Here I got a problem -- I can not pass the login authentication to ICQ
 |server(Listen UDP server:8000) (it always failed of timeout) by using SOCKS5
 |proxy, but if my host directly connects to the remote ICQ server and pass
 |the login authentication and then I change the connection by using the proxy
 |server, it works for both way communication (chatting).  I've tested for a
 |long time and no any policy issue of firewall.  I know that I may missed
 |some point regarding configuration; however, I have no idea why the proxy
 |can not pass the authenticatio info to server that I typed.

Since I myself have no experience with ICQ, I just tried it downloading
the latest beta version, connecting via SOCKS-DeleGate, then it
came to "Online" status without error.  Can I understand it as the
authenticated state?