Article delegate-en/1704 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: File clean up!
18 Jun 2002 23:22:37 GMT "Ken Godee" <pfmdabdyi-t7hpmuyjofxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>
The Perfect Image

I'm running Rh 7.1 , Delegate 7.9.2

Below you'll find my config files.
This problem with the EXTRA files may of been my fault
and nothing to do with Delegate. I'm using monitoring software
to check and make sure the three Delegate services I'm running
stay up.
D.J.Bernstein's "daemontools" supervise program.
Supervise is responsible for starting the Delegate services I'm running
and making sure they stay up. When I first configured I may have
screwed up (I know I did) and the Delegate services may not have been
able to start up and the Supervise program would have gone (did go) crazy
restarting Delegate.
I'll delete these misc. files and see if they come back.
I just didn't want to screw anything up.
Thanks for your fast response.

#!/bin/sh
exec /sbin/delegated -f +=/etc/dns-proxy.conf

***dns-proxy.conf***
************************
-Tx
-P192.168.1.1:53
SERVER=dns
PERMIT=dns:*:192.168.*
RELIABLE=192.168.*
TIMEOUT=shutout:0
ADMIN="deld@perfect-image.."

#!/bin/sh
exec /sbin/delegated -f +=/etc/socks-proxy.conf

***socks-proxy.conf***
***************************
-Tx
-P192.168.1.1:8000
SERVER=socks
PERMIT=*:www.ink-spot.com:192.168.
RELIABLE=192.168.*
TIMEOUT=io:0,silence:0,shutout:0
ADMIN=dels@perfect-image..

#!/bin/sh
exec /sbin/delegated -f +=/etc/ftp-proxy.conf

***ftp-proxy.conf***
***********************
-Tx
-P192.168.1.1:21
SERVER=ftp
PERMIT=ftp:*:192.168.*,127.0.0.1
RELIABLE=192.168.*,127.0.0.1
TIMEOUT=shutout:0
ADMIN="delf@perfect-image.."

> On 06/19/02(07:09) you "Ken Godee" <pfmdabdyi-t7hpmuyjofxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
> in <_A1702@delegate-en.ML_>
>  |I just hate to go around wiping out files.........
>  |I have several directories that have alot of files built up in them
>  |and would like to clean them up a little.
>  |The ones that seem ok to wipe out.....
>  |"/log" has over 2500 files mostly 0 bites and have file names like
>  |0
>  |0.1
>  |0.1.1
>  |0.1.1.1
>  |etc.
>  |"/tmp" has about 150 files all null bite
>  |"/work/192.168.1.1:53/" has about 150 null bite files.
>  |Does anyone know if these are ok to delete or what rule of
>  |thumb should one use for clean up, I'd like to write a little cron job
>  |to keep these dir's cleaned up.
>
> Basically, any file created by DeleGate can be removed any time without
> serious effect on the behavior of DeleGate.
>
> But what should be done is not to create such files or to remove them
> automatically.  At least, it is not usual situation and I've not heard
> such problem.  So, to fix the problem, I need the name of your OS,
> version of DeleGate, and configuration parameters.
>
> Cheers,
> Yutaka
> --
>   @ @ Yutaka Sato <y.sato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/y.sato/
>  ( - ) National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)

The Perfect Image Graphics Co.
2429 W. 12th St.
Tempe, AZ 85281

000-000-0006