Article delegate-en/1684 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: refresh a cache when a file is updated on the ftp origin server
11 Jun 2002 12:43:06 GMT Steffen Kaiser <pcmdabdyi-t7hpmu5pgfxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

On 7 Jun 2002, michel.guilhem wrote:

> will do. With this, on each request from client, DeleGate always
> (0 seconds after the data is cached) asks the server if the cached
                                       ^^^^!!!!!!
> data is fresh or no (using If-Modified-Since header).

> My purpose is to have a cache like the server ' in real time ' and when a
> change on one file is doing on the server , the cache is able to detect this
> and only for this file reload them .
>
> The time used by the PC where are my cache and the time used by the PC where
> are my origin server are not the same ( but it is normal i think , except
> with the user of NTP ) .

Well, the cache must open a connection to the remote server in order to
verify that the file hasn't change; the only thing the cache shouldn't do
is to actually tranfer the data of the file. However, it depends on if
Delegate is able to fetch the mtime of the file residing on the server.

Did you checked that Delegate is transferring the file's data instead of
its mtime only??

Bye,

--

Steffen Kaiser