Article delegate-en/1676 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] refresh a cache when a file is updated on the ftp origin server
07 Jun 2002 15:37:37 GMT "michel.guilhem" <pradabdyi-t7hpmuzgwfxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

  |How to be sure that a file on the delegate cache is fresh like the same
|file on a server ?

EXPIRE=0

will do. With this, on each request from client, DeleGate always
(0 seconds after the data is cached) asks the server if the cached
data is fresh or no (using If-Modified-Since header).

But when i put EXPIRE to 0 , i go always on the server and the cache are not
used ( the files are transfered on the cache but not used for the following
request )
when i try , for example EXPIRE="120secs" the cache is active 120secs and
after i go to the server even if a file is on the cache .

EXPIRE=0 seems to have the behavior of EXPIRE="0secs" .

My purpose is to have a cache like the server ' in real time ' and when a
change on one file is doing on the server , the cache is able to detect this
and only for this file reload them .

The time used by the PC where are my cache and the time used by the PC where
are my origin server are not the same ( but it is normal i think , except
with the user of NTP ) .

GUILHEM michel DGCP
I'm sorry but what is wrong in my use of delegate
like ftp-cache ?
Thank you or any clue .