Article delegate-en/1671 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Delegate - ftp - fork function failed
05 Jun 2002 22:26:49 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 06/05/02(19:09) you "Filip Van de Velde" <pqmdabdyi-t7hpmuz5gfxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1667@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I am using an older version of delegate(7.3.x) as an ftp proxy with sslway
 |in front of it. Recently we had a few times a problem with the child
 |processes. The Delegate's logging says (multiple) times:
 |"The fork function failed. Too many processes already exist."

Is the message literally as this ?
If so, it is not a message generated by DeleGate.  It can be one
from your shell forking the filter program or so.

 |Is there some limit on the number of processes child processes that delegate
 |could have ?
 |Is there some function in delegate to control the number of child processes
 |delegate could have and to monitor them ?

Unix systems provide system calls to limit available resouces.
Each shell provide a command to control it; try "limit" in csh,
"ulimit -a" in bash, and so on.