Article delegate-en/1655 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] FTP over SSL
28 May 2002 10:44:37 GMT po4dabdyi-dyd2yvhdqdxr.ml@ml.delegate.org

Hi,

Delegate is the proxy server I was looking for. Although I've read almost
all available in english, I have still few questions not covered by docs
and examples.

1. draft-murray-auth-ftp-ssl-08.txt and RFC-2228 documents are describing
the 'PROT P' command to secure data connection. After successful AUTH TLS
and autentication with USER & PASS, the ftp server expect me to issue a
PBSZ 0 and PROT P commands to force ftp-data to be SSL encrypted. In other
case the data sessions are unencrypted. How to make Delegate to issue
those commands after successful autentication ? (I want nonSSL client to
connect via delegate to SSL enabled server)

My config is as follows:

LOGFILE=delegate.log
PROTOLOG=ftp_transfer.log
SERVER=ftp://ssl-ftp.server.ip.addres:2121
CACHE=no
REMITTABLE="ftp"
CMAP="sslway -st/ftp -cert delegatecert.pem -key delegatekey.pem -CAfile
cacert.pem -Auth:FSV:ftp"
CMAP="sslway -cert delegatecert.pem -key delegatekey.pem -CAfile
cacert.pem -Auth:FSV:ftp-data"

2. How does verification of server certificate works (-Vrfy) ? It checks
only if certificate is signed by CA provided by -CAfile ? Is there
possibility to verify server's cert with cert file ?

3. How to configure Delegate as telnet proxy/SSL to log telnet sessions ?
(both ways, I mean client commands and server replies ;-> )

4. Please, ask someone to translate docs that are in Japan only ;-).

Thanks,

Arthur