Article delegate-en/1649 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: question about dns
23 May 2002 15:27:31 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 05/23/02(21:34) you poadabdyi-4mytk2tiklzr.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote
in <_A1648@delegate-en.ML_>
 |my question is: I want to make a dns server ( delegated -P53 SERVER=dns )
 |that forwards the requests to a http proxy. I cannot do : "RESOLV=proxy",
 |can I ? How can I do, is it possible ?

It is not possible, unfortunately.
There is an Internet-Draft to relay a DNS data on HTTP protocol,
<URL:ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-dns-url-05.txt>
but I don't know which proxy product support it.

But if you can access to a DNS server (with recursive mode on),
for example which is running on the host of your HTTP proxy,

  SERVER=dns://http-server

will transparently relay DNS/UDP packets between the DNS server
and your clients.

Otherwise, if you have a SOCKS proxy rather than a HTTP proxy,
you can use it for forwarding a DNS/UDP query to a DNS server
like this:

  SERVER=dns RESOLV=dns RES_NS=dns-server//socks-server