Article delegate-en/163 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Error message: "cannot create ${ACTDIR}/PID/${PORT} "
06 Dec 1998 15:57:58 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato 佐藤豊)

 | I know that you have answered that question before, however I don't know
 |where to create the ${ACTDIR} directory (I mean under which subdirectory).

On Unix, the default location of ACTDIR is /tmp/delegate which will be
created automatically by DeleGate if /tmp directory is writable.
[Manual.txt]
>     ACTDIR   dir-name       (default: /tmp/delegate }

 | I am using Red Hat Linux and delegate v.5.8.1, and inspite of the error
 |message delegate seems to be working fine. So do I have to fix it?

I don't know so much about what will happen without ACTDIR, but at least
following functionalities will be lost.
 - killing DeleGate server with -Fkill
 - penalty delay for clients causing repetitive error
 - DNS cache

 | Also some one had a problem running Netscape 4.5 without a SOCKS server, I
 |had the same problem and fixed it by removing the socks entry in Netscapes
 |proxy settings.

You mean he is using DeleGate as a SOCKS server?