Article delegate-en/1623 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En]
23 Apr 2002 11:32:31 GMT Julian Thornhill <pjadabdyi-hugik5vf25xr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Sorry to contact you directly, but I feel sort of embarrassed about these
seemingly trivial questions. I've looked in the manual pages, but I can't
find the answers or don't understand what I'm reading! Firstly, under
Windows2000, where is the configuration stored? I ran delegate from the
command line with the required parameters and it all went well. I decided
that I wanted DGROOT in a different place, so I ran the command line again.
It created the DGROOT directories where I expected them, but when I stopped
and restarted the service it kept putting the cache files in the old place.
I have to say I'm a bit confused about the whole configuration process
anyway. Am I simply supposed to run delegated with the appropriate command
line parameters at the command prompt and it then overwrites the previous
set of parameters? How do I configure it to point at my ISP's proxy server?
(for http) Finally, thanks for the effort in producing this software. I'm
using it in a server at my local primary school. Their Internet connection
is only 128kbps, so cacheing is vital when a whole class wants to look at a
web page.

thanks
Julian Thornhill pjadabdyi-hugik5vf25xr.ml@ml.delegate.org