Article delegate-en/1608 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Delegate Windows2000 problems
16 Apr 2002 13:09:15 GMT Julian Thornhill <pjadabdyi-dyd2yvhuqdxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Sorry to contact you directly, but I feel sort of embarrased about these
seemingly trivial questions. I've looked in the manual pages, but I can't
find the answers or don't understand what I'm reading!

Firstly, under Windows2000, where is the configuration stored? I ran
delegate from the command line with the required parameters and it all went
well. I decided that I wanted DGROOT in a different place, so I ran the
command line again. It created the DGROOT directories where I expected
them, but when I stopped and restarted the service it kept putting the
cache files in the old place.

I have to say I'm a bit confused about the whole configuration process
anyway. Am I simply supposed to run delegated with the appropriate command
line parameters at the command prompt and it then overwrites the previous
set of parameters?

How do I configure it to point at my ISP's proxy server? (for http)

Finally, thanks for the effort in producing this software. I'm using it in
a server at my local primary school. Their Internet connection is only
128kbps, so cacheing is vital when a whole class wants to look at a web page.

thanks