Article delegate-en/159 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: setting up pop proxy
05 Dec 1998 08:29:08 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato 佐藤豊)

you Charlie Root <pquaabdyi-mnhipgbcs5jr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I am using Netscape Mail and Micrsoft Outlook clients on an internal lan

I tried POP-DeleGate with Netscape Mail to find out the client does
not send out "user@host" as is given in User Name, but it send only
the "user" part out.  In such case, you should try to specify your
user name as "user%host".  I succeeded with the following setup:

+ delegated -Pport SERVER=pop
+ in Netscape Mail's Edit/Preferences/Mail&Newsgroups/MailServers/
  - added "delegate-host:port" in Incomming Mail Servers
  - selected POP3 Server as the Server Type
  - set "user%pop-host" in User Name for the server

 |I am not sure what to try next. The manual.txt does not really help,
 |because the explanation is not clear because it is too terse.

I agree.  But a small hint is written in the Manual.txt:
>-- POP/DeleGate --
>        firewall# delegated -P110 SERVER=pop
>     USER name `username%servername' is also available.

 |Can you see what my problems are given this information?

DeleGate invoked with -vv option will be so verbose :-)