Article delegate-en/1580 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: NNTP Proxying problem (prepending string from MOUNT)
26 Mar 2002 16:18:46 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

Hi,

In message <Pine.WNT.4.44.0203260916070.-39880000-00000X@pc-2m10.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de> on 03/27/02(00:31:19)
you Steffen Kaiser <pcmdabdyi-puniz7a4ro5r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I've setup this NNTP proxy:
 |
 |         $demon -P119
 |PERMIT="*:*:10.110.1.0/24,194.95.66.0/24,192.168.1.0/24" \
 |                SERVER=nntp \
 |                MOUNT="= nntp://news.vmware.com rw" \
 |                MOUNT="delegate. nntp://www.delegate.org rw" \
 |When subscribing to newsgroups all looks OK, but when I try to reply
 |(follow-up) an article both Pine v4.44 and Netscape Communicator v4.79
 |prepend "delegate." before the real name of the newsgroup. I have to
 |manually strip it off.
 |The only newgroups _not_ effected are the delegate ones.

Maybe this is the problem for which I myself suffer (but not announced).
Reverse mounting from the real name in server to the alias name in
client's view does not work when a real newsgroup name matches with
right hand URL patterns of multiple MOUNT parameters.  In your case,
all of MOUNTs have implicit "*" pattern which matches any newsgroup name,
so a proper MOUNT point might not be selected to map a real newsgroup
name to a aliased one.  This problem must be fixed in future.

For the meantime, you can avoid the problem by specifying a specific
newsgroup name pattern in the right hand of MOUNT like follows:

    MOUNT="delegate.* nntp://www.delegate.org/mail-lists.* rw" \