Article delegate-en/1572 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] DNS server / forking?
24 Mar 2002 07:35:10 GMT Kenneth Godee <peqdabdyi-bmw35ho5btfr.ml@ml.delegate.org>
The Perfect Image

First let me say this is great software, keep up the good
work!
I have one problem with using DNS server/proxy.
I'm using daemontools/supervise to make sure my proxy's stay up.
When I start the DNS proxy it "forks" off another
DNS process and if you stop the first, the second process remains.
I guess I don't under stand why it forks off a second process?
I don't want to leave these second processes around.
Is there anything I can do?
I'm starting the server as such.....

/sbin/delegate -f +=/etc/dns-proxy.conf

*dns-proxy.conf*
-Tx
-P192.168.1.1:53
SERVER=dns
PERMIT=dns:*:192.168.*
RELIABLE=192.168.*
TIMEOUT=shutout:0
ADMIN="deld@perfect-image.."

The last couple of lines of my dns-proxy log...

DNS_MINTTL=21600
-- Fork(DNS): 1786 -> 1808

If I stop the 1786 process, the 1808 remains.