Article delegate-en/157 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Start up questions
05 Dec 1998 01:57:30 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato 佐藤豊)

On 12/05/98(07:11) you "Jaapar, Jazzery" <ptqaabdyi-mnhipghms5jr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A156@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I'm running freebsd-3.0 as a firewall, and am planning to use delegate as
 |proxy.
 |What do I need to start? I know there's a port for delegate and I have
 |compiled that successfully
 |However, how do I start? Sorry if this is too basic of a question but the
 |manual confuses me =)

Did you read "tutor-en.htm"?  It's a very short tutorial for beginners
enclosed in (at least in the original) the distribution of DeleGate.
It is also available at http://www.delegate.org/delegate/tutorial/

The simplest way to start DeleGate as a HTTP proxy server is entering
in command line as follows:
% delegate -P8080
Also you can invoke your DeleGate from inetd writing such command line
into your /etc/inetd.conf.