Article delegate-en/151 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: LDAP: how ?
04 Dec 1998 00:52:47 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato 佐藤豊)

On 08/12/98(19:23) you "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F6l=E9tormos_Csaba?=" <pdmaabdyi-uyhyq2ybe4tr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A27@delegate-en.ML_>
 |can anyone tell me how should I configure (which protocol?) our Delegate,
 |if my clients want to use LDAP services in Netscape and PegasusMail?

Since LDAP is transmitted on a single TCP connection ended at the server
side port number 389, simple tcprelay by DeleGate like follows will do.

  # delegated -P389 SERVER=tcprelay://ldap-server:389

Recently I'm trying to implement a proxy for LDAP by DeleGate.  At least
the following is available in DeleGate/5.8.0 or later.

  # delegated -P389 SERVER=ldap://ldap-server

And in DeleGate/5.8.1 or later, you might be able to connect to arbitrary
LDAP server using a single DeleGate like this.

  # delegated -P389 SERVER=ldap

Specify the name of your LDAP server as your base object like follows
(e.x. in Search Root column in NS-Communicators menu):

  @ldap-server

I'm not sure if this works indeed because I don't have a functional LDAP
server as a testbed for me.