Article delegate-en/1498 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] nntp set up
22 Jan 2002 00:56:54 GMT "Andreas Freyvogel" <p3icqbdyi-iievocyyqlzr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Mr Sato,

I am enjoying working and setting up DeleGate and I see it as a wonderful
tool for me to implement within our company. I do have a question regarding
the correct method of setting up proxying a news server requiring
authenticated log on.

Currently running the program with
/usr/local/src/delegate/src/delegated -P119 SERVER=nntp://www.delegate.org
works well for your newsgroup. However if I try and access another news
group that requires authentication I get the response from Outlook Express
6.0 saying that connection to the server cannot be made. Where and how am I
able to pass on to DeleGate the information about the username and password?

Thank you, in advance, for any assitance you might be able to give me.
Regards,
-Andreas

---

Andreas Freyvogel
ecmarket
Manager of Network and Enterprise Services
tel: (000)000-0006 ext147  cell:(000)000-0006

"The world is not yet exhausted;
let me see something tomorrow
which I never saw before."
-Samuel Johnson

This electronic communication (email) is intended only for the use
of the addressee and may contain information which is privileged
and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email
in error, please reply to the sender immediately and delete the
original and all copies. Thank you.