Article delegate-en/1490 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Problem with ROUTE in Delegate FTP-Proxy
16 Jan 2002 16:41:08 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 01/16/02(19:34) you "Thilo Hilpert" <p2ecqbdyi-iievoc7uqlzr.ml@ml.delegate.org>
wrote in <_A1489@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I want to use a ROUTE command in our FTP-Proxy run by delegate
 |to redirect our local users direct to our FTP server.
 |This is done because the ftp server name they use runs over a
 |NAT translation.
 |
 |I used the command: ROUTE="ftp://direct-IP:21/-_-{NAT-name:21}:our_local_net"
 |
 |Everything works fine, exept our FTP Server receives login attempts
 |with "user@NAT-name" instead of only "user".
 |For me it looks like delegate thinks the forwarding (or routing)
 |is towards a proxy server and not a bare ftp-server.
 |
 |What am I doing wrong? Is there any way to redirect a certain
 |name towards another name which is a bare ftp-server?

Basically ROUTE is for forwarding to another proxy (FTP) server.

Maybe what you need to do is to interpret "USER user@NAT-name" as if
it is "USER user@direct-IP".  It will be done automatically if a name
resolusion is given from NAT-name to direct-IP, but not in your case.
So adding the mapping locally with HOSTS parameter like follows seems
to solve your requirment.

  HOSTS=NAT-name/direct-IP